I am an avid fan of fighting games, especially on game consoles like the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4.
Some of the fighting games I play include Street Fighter, Tekken, and Dead or Alive. The thing about fighting games is that some matches involve highly technical play and in order for you to achieve that, you need to have a damn good controller.
There are many arcade stick controllers that you can plug in your Playstation 4, but I haven’t found anything that beats the quality and performance of Mad Catz’ offering.
Today, I am going to talk about the Mad Catz TES+ Arcade Controller for the Playstation 4.
This controller was originally built for the new Street Fighter V but this is also compatible with other fighting games as well.
To know more about the Mad Catz TES+ Arcade Controller for the Playstation 4, here are its features:
- Genuine Arcade Layout: Extremely accurate and durable Sanwa Denshi parts. This PlayStation 4 arcade stick boasts a Vewlix-style design with 8 action buttons to drain your enemy’s life bar
- Versatile Gamer: 3-way button enables joystick to emulate a left or right analog stick or D-Pad. Play all types of games with this Street Fighter arcade stick
- Ideal for ALL Fighting Games: Multiplayer action in Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Persona, Dead or Alive, Injustice, Tekken, Skullgirls, BlazBlue, KoF, Marvel vs. Capcom, Guilty Gear, and more
- Touchpad Controls: Press and swipe with full touchpad functionality for PlayStation 4 systems. You can play all PS4 touchpad games with this PlayStation 4 arcade stick
- Reliable USB Connectivity: The world’s best fighters prefer a low-latency USB connection. A 9.8ft/3m USB cable on this Street Fighter arcade stick keeps you at a comfortable distance from your TV
First, let’s start out with the design. The Mad Catz TES+ Arcade Controller for the Playstation 4 sports a traditional arcade layout with 8 buttons, 4 at the top and 4 at the bottom. All of these buttons can be programmed in the game’s menu so you can tweak it according to your preferences.
This is amazing for me since I frequently play Tekken. I just map 2 of the top and 2 buttons at the bottom for a completely arcade-like experience.
There is also an included touchpad that allows you to tweak the controls without using the arcade stick. This is for people who just want a quick toggle of the settings and getting back to the game in a jiffy.
Are you tired of instances where you accidentally press the start button during the heat of the battle? Well, the makers of this arcade controller know that very well. That is why they’ve included a special button that disables the start and select buttons during gameplay. Think of this as the “game mode” button in most gaming keyboards where the Windows key button is disabled.
But, what I really love about the Mad Catz TES+ Arcade Controller for the Playstation 4 is that the Arcade stick and the buttons feel amazingly responsive. The buttons are very tactile and they are incredibly good to the touch.
The controller can be plugged into your Playstation 3 or 4 console via the USB port. It comes with a 3 meter USB cable which should be more than enough for most people.
If you’re looking for a solid Arcade controller for your Playstation 3 or 4 game console, then the Mad Catz TES+ Arcade Controller for the Playstation 4 is one of the best out there.